Saturday, April 11, 2015

Mowing and Removing Tree Tubes

The last couple of days have been work days for us.  John has been mowing in various areas of the refuge.

This morning when John was on his way to mow he came upon a group of people standing around tree that had been chopped down.  It had been chopped down alright but not by man .....by a beaver. 


That was one busy beaver.


John returning from mowing. 

One of the trails. 


Yesterday I removed tree tubes from trees in one of the fields.  Before getting started on that I was going to load some tree tubes that someone had already removed.  That was until I saw the bees and ants. 


This is the area I was working in. The little blue dots all other the field are the tubes.  The section I worked in was at the end of this road. 

Here is the stack of tree tubes someone had already removed and left there.  I reported this to my boss  and he will be sending someone to load this up on a truck. 

Bees and a nest.  They can keep it.   I was out of there. 

Another view. 

Today I was on a cleanup and rake detail.  Not too bad just worked three hours today. 

Laugh everyday.  Happy trails.  Stay safe. 

2 comments:

  1. good physical activity. . .great for mind and body!

    At least that's what I tell myself. . .LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great to be out in that beautiful part of the US, helping take care of it!

    ReplyDelete