Sunday, July 5, 2015

Going away party and One Last Hoorah.

Happy Independence Day.  Hope everyone had a safe one. 


This has been a busy week.  On Monday George and I completed our work on the chemical inventory for the refuge's audit held on Tuesday.

Tuesday night our refuge friends held a going away party for John and I at Big Al's. 
Lily, Brenda and Jenna. 
Eva and John.  
Trevor with his wife and daughter.
George, Pat and his little boy.
Our boss man John Schweitzer.
John, me and John Schweitzer.  Wow they sure are tall. LOL
Here we are all laughing.

The friends of the refuge group gave us T-shirts with the Tualatin logo on them and the refuge staff gave John a Leatherman.  He is really excited about that since he lost his last one.  They gave me a new I-pad cover.  My old one was really looking shabby. This wasn't just any I-pad cover it was one with pictures highlighting our work and stay here.  It is going to be hard to leave here.  John and I both have really enjoyed working with everyone here. These guys are awesome to work with.  Thank you to everyone for the thoughtful gifts and for making our stay here such a great experience.

This is a picture of the I-pad cover.  I just love it.

Wednesday night John and I met up with Escapee RV friends John and Lora Newby who are a few miles away working at a fish hatchery. 
John, me, Lora and John.

It was great catching up with them.  Hope to see them again down the road real soon. 

Thursday a large group of us went to Crazy Shushi for lunch to celebrate Lily's birthday.  Happy Birthday to Lily. 
Erin, Olivia, Cooper, Blair, Lily, Sarah W., Rachel, Jenna, Dara, me, John, Brenda, Sarah G., and Eva.

Today we had one last get together with our refuge friends before we head out.  I worked my last shift at the Wildlife Center yesterday and finished some last minute details on the first aid kits so now my projects are officially completed.  Chef John cooked BBQ ribs, hot dogs, burgers, slaw, baked beans, chocolate cream pie and blueberry cheesecake for the cookout. 
Getting ready for the cookout.

John checking his ribs.
Sarah, Sam and John.
Rachel, Mike and George.
Lilly and Rachel.
Lily, Rachel, John.
Sarah, Sam, George and Mike.

Tomorrow will be a clean up and pack up day.  We will head out Monday morning and journey to Washington.  John will be attending large equipment certification training classes at Turnbull National Wildlife Refuge in Cheney, WA.  From there we will be of the Kalispell, MT. to visit with John's aunt.

Laugh everyday.  Happy trails.  Stay safe.








No comments:

Post a Comment